- Close to three million Canadians visit McDonald’s every day.
- There are more than 1,200 McDonald’s in Canada including traditional restaurants
and non-traditional restaurants such as Wal-Mart McDonald’s, McDonald’s Express
and oil alliances.
- McDonald's and its Franchisees employ more than 77,000 Canadians – one of the
largest employers of Canadian youth.
- The first McDonald’s restaurant in Canada opened on June 1, 1967 in Richmond,
British Columbia. This was also the first McDonald’s restaurant in the world to be
built outside of the United States.
- In 1976 a hamburger purchased at McDonald’s cost 20 cents.
- George A. Cohon, Senior Chairman of McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada, opened a
restaurant in London, Ontario in November 1968 to mark McDonald’s entry into
- More than 70 per cent of all McDonald's restaurants are owned and operated by
- McDonald's Canada has a network of more than 120 Canadian suppliers.
- Ronald McDonald Children's Charities of Canada (RMCC) helps children with life-
threatening or chronic illnesses and disabilities. Since 1982, RMCC has donated over
22 million to local children's charities helping to improve the lives of over 485,000
children with special needs in more than 1,110 communities across Canada.
- There are Ronald McDonald Houses in 12 cities across Canada, providing a homeaway-
from-home for families of children receiving treatment at local hospitals for
life-threatening or chronic illnesses.